This is a self-paced module jointly developed by AVPN and The Global Center for Gender Equality (GCfGE).
About this module:
“Putting Gender Equality Principles Into Practice” is the second of two introductory modules in the “Intention to Action: Empowering a More Gender Equal Asia” gender course. The first module “Building a Common Understanding” can be found here.
The course is part of a wider curricula series “Introduction to Gender and Philanthropy” and more modules will be available soon.
“Putting Gender Equality Principles Into Practice” will familiarise learners with best practices in gender equality focused philanthropy and create space for learners to recognise opportunities for advancing gender equality in their philanthropic practice and approach.
Participants will learn about six critical practices they can employ in their own philanthropy to start putting gender equality into practice. Participants will also hear from Asia Gender Network (AGN) members about how they are taking up gender equality in their own work and giving.
This course is for anyone who wants to improve their philanthropic practices to advance gender equality, to better serve women and girls, and to level power imbalances and hierarchies in their charitable giving.
- Getting Started
- Putting Gender Equality Principles Into Practice
- Practice 1: Choose grantees that can advance gender equality
- Practice 2: Practice gender integration
- Practice 3: Embrace internal change: gender mainstreaming
- Practice 4: Shift power to grantees
- Practice 5: Give beyond dollars
- Practice 6: Hone your leadership skills
- Develop an understanding of different approaches that can be taken to advance gender equality and practice more gender equitable giving.
- Gain insights into different ways these practices could be applied in your own philanthropy.