Data Protection Policy
AVPN recognises that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. AVPN is committed to treat all personal data with due confidentiality in accordance with the relevant data protection laws of Singapore, including the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (PDPA).
In this DPP, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
The exact type of Personal Data to which the DPP may apply in your case will depend on how you have interacted with us. Examples include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other personal information relating to you which you have provided to us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Note: The privacy practices set forth in this DPP is for this Site and in respect of AVPN only. If you access other websites operated by third parties through the links contained on this Site, please check the applicable privacy policies of those websites to determine how they will handle any information they collect, use and share your information.
This DPP becomes binding by your taking any of the following steps:
- Proceeding with your transactions, agreements or interactions with us
- Submitting information to us via forms or other data collection means or processes (including through sign-up sheets at events)
- Signing up for membership and filling in a member profile with AVPN
- Attending our talks, activities or events
- Interacting with our websites and electronic forms
Collection of Personal Data
Depending on the situation, AVPN may collect personal data in the following ways:
- When you voluntarily provide information on our website
- When you submit any form, including but not limited to membership and sign-up forms
- When you subscribe to our newsletters or magazine
- When you interact with our staff, including representatives via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and email
- When you participate in our marketing campaigns
- When you register for our events (e.g. the AVPN Conference) or programmes
- When you attend our events and your voice and image data is captured on our audio and video recordings
- When your images are captured by our CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or by photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events hosted by or in conjunction with us
- When you submit your resume for job applications
- When you use our services provided through online and other technology platforms, such as websites, apps, LinkedIn networks, social media groups (e.g. Facebook), including through the use of any online platforms/ technologies or tools
- When you request that we contact you, that you be included in an email or other mailing list, or when you respond to our requests for additional personal data, our promotions and other initiatives
- When you provide us with your name card(s) at events, campaigns and meetings
- When we receive your personal data from referral parties, public agencies, your employer and other third parties
- When you make payment or provide details to facilitate payment, or secure or administer the application of funding/ benefits/ subsidies
- When we seek information from third parties about you in connection with your relationship with us
- When you browse any AVPN website and provide such information or login with your account credentials
- From other publicly accessible information sources (which may be based on personal data you have provided to us)
- When you submit your personal data to us for any other reasons
Third Party Servers
The Site is hosted on third party servers. When you access this Site, certain types of data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the website from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed) may be collected by the servers hosting this Site. By entering personal information into this Site, you consent to that personal information being hosted on such third party servers, and for your personal information to be routed through and stored on such servers, whether in or outside Singapore. If you do not want your personal information to be transferred to a third party server at all, you should not provide AVPN with your personal information or use this Site.
Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you can do so by changing the settings on your browser.
We rely on you and will assume that you have ensured that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct.
Use of your personal data
AVPN may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and administer your application to join AVPN as a member and to renew membership
- To notify you of updates to your personal account
- To notify you of updates to your organizational account
- To create a membership network seeking to increase the flow of financial, human and intellectual capital to the social sector, including to create a member profile in the AVPN Directory and referring members to relevant social institutions/ individuals/ companies/ organisations
- To provide access to our websites and pages on social media
- To deliver the services you request
- To send information about events, notifications and digital newsletters
- To conduct and complete transactions (e.g. processing payments and providing services that have been requested)
- To respond to your job application
- To contact you regarding your queries
- To conduct market research or surveys, to perform market analysis, and to manage and enhance our services
- Conducting marketing promotions (e.g. sending emails, alerts, marketing materials and invitations from us wholly or through affiliation with third parties)
- To contact you regarding transactional communications
- To contact you for programmes and events which you have signed up for (such as study tours), as well as future events
- For introductions to relevant partners with the AVPN community
- For security/ verification purposes for events
- For logistical/ administrative purposes for events, such as organising speaking opportunities at AVPN Annual Conferences and conducting online webinars
- For marketing and publicity purposes such as profiling of prior grantees or investees in AVPN’s Investment Showcase
- To run AVPN’s social media areas and campaigns, such as the AVPN online portalTo comply with applicable laws, regulations and other requirements (e.g. providing assistance to law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies; performing internal audits)
AVPN may use your photographs for publicity purposes during our events.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
We may disclose your data to third parties in order to facilitate our programmes and initiatives. Such third parties would include, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Organisations and individuals from finance, business and the social sector (including but not limited to private equity firms, private banks, wealth management institutions, other financial services organisations, professional service firms, family businesses, corporations, foundations, universities and government related entities)
- Relevant partners within the AVPN community
- Social media platforms and channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn and job portals
- Entities providing services relating to venture philanthropy, including providing referral or networking services
- Our counterparts and partners, such as the European Venture Philanthropy Association and the China Social Enterprise and Social Investment Forum
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers
- Companies involved in our operational and management processes, such as our mail service provider
- Our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers
- Hotels, travel agents and foreign embassies in relation to overseas travel arrangements or events
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to
We may also share information with government agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
In relation to particular products or services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your personal data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Use of Singapore Telephone Numbers for Marketing
If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) to us and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, we may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) including, among other things, with information about our products and services (including discounted rates for events, third parties’ private networking events).
Contact Information – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
If you have any questions, concerns, feedback or comments about our DPP, would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data as set out in this DPP, or would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal data records, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. If you are registered on our online portal, you may also update your personal data on our online portal at: https://avpn.asia/userprofile/. Please allow us reasonable time to respond and effect any change.
Please note that if your personal data has been provided to us by a third party, and if upon contacting us with questions in relation to your personal data we inform you of this fact, you should contact such party directly to make any queries, feedback, access and correction requests to AVPN on your behalf.
This DPP and your use of our websites shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.